Manage directly and indirectly all employees’ activities of the General Ledger, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Revenue Audit divisions of the Finance Department. Adhere to the Tribal organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities which include but are not limited to: interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Duties and Responsibilities: requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee and direct the preparation and issuance of the casinos’ daily financial operating reports, monthly financial statements, and annual reports.
- Direct and analyse studies of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the casinos’ policies and operations.
- Appraise the casinos’ financial position and issues periodic reports on casinos’ financial stability, liquidity, and growth.
- Direct and coordinate the establishment of budget programs.
- Coordinate tax reporting programs.
- Work with the General Manager and Tribal Administration to establish standards for resource allocation, including but not limited to, staffing services, products, and capital requirements.
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles that detail and summarize the Casino's business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and/or expected operations.
- Direct preparation of quarterly financial reports in conformance to requirements under bank reporting and covenant compliance, as needed.
- Coordinate with internal and external audit firms for periodic reviews and annual audits as required.
- Analyze operational issues impacting functional groups and the casino, and determine their financial impact.
- Establish Accounting Policies and Procedures which ensure accurate and reliable financial reporting under a sound internal control structure.
- Ensure the integrity of all financial data produced by the revenue and cost center departments.
- Monitor all financial activities on property to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the company, all Federal and State Agencies to include the Tribe’s Compact with the State, and the Gaming Commission are enforced throughout the property.
- Review daily financial reports to verify accuracy.
- Maintain and update financial internal control procedures.
- Mentor, coach and prepare succession planning to encourage those Team Members seeking advancement to acquire the education, experience, and personal characteristics to prepare them to progress toward their goal.
- Develop Operational and Maintenance Standards (measurable and time sensitive) to optimize efficiency, continuously improves processes, trains Team Members, effectively distributes workloads and responsibilities, and provides regular reporting against these standards.
- Maintain good working relationships with the internal Gaming Commission and applicable Federal and State Agencies.
- Plan for adequate staffing levels by monitoring performance and selecting, training, scheduling, evaluating, and promoting Team Members.
- Review departmental reports, addressing any potential issues or adverse trends.
- Facilitate the flow of information by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled operational and back-of-the-house departmental meetings.
- Ensure a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Manage communications to ensure consistency in procedures throughout the property.
- Provide management with timely reviews of the Casino’s financial status and progress in its various programs, goals and objectives.
- Maintain excellent communications with all Directors and Supervisors.
- Implements approved departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure the budget for the department is monitored and adhered to by implementing effective processes and procedures.
- Prepare necessary data for the budget in the area of responsibility.
- Keep abreast of competitive changes including industry trends and local competitive set.
- Develop, maintain and nurture a positive work environment.
- Responsible for maintaining a disciplined environment and implementing practices that promote safety, quality and productivity.
- Help coordinate and supervise training, assignments and development of subordinates.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Present a positive image of the Tribal organization to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Able to make difficult decisions in a fair and honest manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (MUST BE DOCUMENTED):
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance from a four-year college or university or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in casino gaming financial institutions or hospitality industries.
- Five (5) years (or equivalent) Supervisory/Management experience.
- Knowledge of casino accounting procedures is recommended.
- CPA preferred.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSES AND ANY ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must pass periodic random drug screens.
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation.
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License.
- Must obtain all other applicable certifications and licenses.
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment.