· The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement.
· Ensure that all revenue earned by the Casino is properly calculated and recorded and sufficient documentation is prepared to support the recorded amounts.
· Establish policies and maintain controls of these areas, ensuring that all records are in compliance with Company’s MICS and TICS, and in a manner consistent with acceptable accounting and established company practices.
· Responsible for preparation and account analysis of significant variations to explain and identify trends in all gaming revenue and player reinvestment expense accounts.
· Assist Director of Accounting in the development and implementation of goals, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management.
· Review exception reports for propriety of transactions and unusual occurrences; reports exceptions to the Director of Accounting and Chief Financial Officer.
· Maintain audit documents in a manner that allows future access and easy retrieval.
· Handle all reporting under Title 31 regulations; ensures that all CTRC’s are filed accurately and timely, and works with the Chief Financial Officer on all SARC reporting issues. Reports any exceptions to Title 31 Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
· Assist the Director of Accounting and Chief Financial Officer with the monitoring of the MICS for all functions to ensure company-wide compliance; prepares and distributes Audit Exception Reports for non-compliance as required.
· Establish system controls for new gaming accounting and tracking systems and develop procedures to improve existing systems.
· Keep up to date with new MICS policies for all functions, and review audit plans and checklists within Revenue Audit to determine that current tasks and procedures are adequate to maintain control.
· Maintain excellent communications with all Directors and Supervisors.
· Implements approved departmental policies and procedures.
· Ensure the budget for the department is monitored and adhered to by implementing effective processes and procedures.
· Prepare necessary data for the budget in the area of responsibility.
· Keep abreast of competitive changes including industry trends and local competitive set.
· Develop, maintain and nurture a positive work environment.
· Responsible for maintaining a disciplined environment and implementing practices that promote safety, quality and productivity.
· Help coordinate and supervise training, assignments and development of subordinates.
· Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
· Present a positive image of the Tribal organization to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
· Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
· Able to make difficult decisions in a fair and honest manner.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
· Manage directly and indirectly all employees of the Finance Department. Adhere to the Tribal organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
· Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities which include but are not limited to: interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and experience (must be documented):
· High School Degree (or GED); Accounting degree a plus
· Five (5) years (or equivalent) Supervisory/Management experience.
· Previous Casino Audit and Supervisory experience required; prior experience as Revenue Audit Supervisor a plus
Certification, licenses and any additional requirements:
· Must pass periodic random drug screens.
· Must be able to pass background suitability investigation.
· Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License.
· Must obtain all other applicable certifications and licenses.
· Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment.