Accounts Payable is responsible for overall accuracy, review, and processing of accounts payable transactions.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to accurately process 200-300 invoices per week.
Work directly with purchasing department, ensuring proper handling of purchase orders through the purchasing and accounting system interface.
Review all invoices and check requests received for accuracy, appropriate level of approval and adherence to established guidelines.
Code, and or verify coding on invoices and check requests ensuring proper placement of expenses in the General Ledger.
Audit and verify employee expense reports for accuracy and adherence to company policies.
Reconcile vendor statements on a monthly basis, at a minimum.
Answer all vendor inquiries in a timely manner to maintain strong vendor relationships.
Review vendor aging and cash requirements report, on a regular basis to ensure proper aging of invoices and timeliness of payments.
Process all check runs in a timely manner.
Ability to process and handle rush items in a professional manner.
Maintain accounts payable vendor master files, keeping them accurate, and up to date to include, current W-9 forms for all vendors and accurate tax information in the system.
Maintain current status with Gaming Commission regarding all vendor licensing requirements.
Prepare analysis of accounts to determine month-end closing expense accruals as needed.
Prepare various monthly expense schedules and month-end close reports as required.
Prepare annual 1099 filing, ensuring accuracy of forms and electronic file submitted in accordance with current IRS requirements.
Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
Present a positive image of the Tribal organization to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (MUST BE DOCUMENTED):
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year accounting certificate, from college or technical school preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years, work experience in Accounts Payable, or related accounting education highly preferred.
- Prior Casino or Hospitality experience preferred; experience with Infinium and MMS Accounting Software.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSES AND ANY ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must pass periodic random drug screens.
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation.
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License.
- Must obtain all other applicable certifications and licenses.
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment.